AP/IB/Clep & Transfer Credit
Course Information | Academic Advising | General Education | Math Placement Exam | AP/IB/Clep & Transfer Credits | Maryland Marching Band and Ensemble Repertoire Orchestra | ROTC | Changing Your Major | Textbooks
If you have taken or are planning to take an AP, IB, or CLEP exam or a course at another institution, you’ll need to determine course equivalency so that you don’t register for a course for which you have or will receive credit.
- Visit the Transfer Credit Center for information on course equivalencies
Posting to Your UM Transcript
It is your responsibility to ensure that AP, IB, CLEP, and/or Transfer Credits have been received and posted on your transcript. Once you’ve confirmed spring admission to the University, you can review your transcript.
- Click here to view your unofficial transcript.
Follow these steps if information is missing:
- Determine that the scores/transcripts were sent by contacting the agency/institution that has your credits and requesting that they be sent to the University of Maryland.
- If scores were sent but do not appear on your transcript, check with Student Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, to be sure all AP, IB, CLEP, and college transcripts have been posted to your University of Maryland transcript.
- If no equivalencies appear, you’ll need to contact the Transfer Credit Center at email@example.com.