Financial Aid & Exemptions
Summer Term Financial Aid
In general, summer financial aid is limited. Students must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program of study at the University of Maryland and must register for at least 6 credits or 24 graduate units to be considered for summer aid. Summer financial aid is not available for visiting students. A visiting student’s home institution, however, may provide financial aid for students who attend Summer Term at Maryland.
Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid for more information or assistance: click here.
- If you are offered Summer Term financial aid and do not accept, you will be canceled for non-payment.
Contact email@example.com to ensure that your student record properly reflects your Veteran status.
- All Veterans must complete the University’s VA Enrollment Certification Request form, found at http://www.registrar.umd.edu/veteran-benefits.html.
- Basic Allowance for Housing is not paid to students taking online courses. For complete information, visit http://gibill.va.gov/resources/benefits_resources/benefit_comparison_tools.html
Tuition Remission Policy
Tuition remission does not cover mandatory student services fees or other fees. Students must pay all fees at the time of registration to avoid cancellation.
- University of Maryland College Park employees, click here.
- To view the Summer 2013 Current Tuition Guidelines, click here.
- All other University of Maryland System employees must receive authorization from your home institution. For more information, click here .
Terp Payment Plan
Not available for the Summer Term.
Third Party Billing
The Financial Service Center offers Third Party Billing. This is when a private or government agency is paying any portion of your tuition or fees and they are requesting a bill from the University. To obtain more information on Third Party Billing, please click here.