Tuition & Fees
Freshmen Connection Tuition
Tuition for Freshmen Connection is charged at a flat rate for up to 17 credits, including UNIV 100.
Please note: Notwithstanding any other provision of this or any other University publication, the University reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees, and other charges at any time such changes are deemed necessary by the University and the University System of Maryland Board of Regents. Although changes in tuition, fees, and charges ordinarily will be announced in advance, the University reserves the right to make such changes without prior announcement.
University Mandatory Student Services Fee
|Nine or more credits||$885.91|
|Eight or fewer credits||$409.11|
In addition to tuition, all students are charged the University mandatory student services fee, based on the number of credits taken in the semester. The student services fee pays for campus support services including campus facilities use and maintenance, health services, campus-wide technology services, student registration services, recreation center, shuttle bus, libraries, police, computer labs, writing language labs, and disability support services. Student services fees are refunded in accordance with the University refund schedule upon cancellation or withdrawal.
Freshmen Connection Enrollment Fees
|Program Enrollment Form Processing Fee||$65.00|
|This fee is non-refundable in the event of cancellation or withdrawal from Freshmen Connection.|
|Program Deposit Fee||$150.00|
|The $150 non-refundable confirmation deposit is credited towards your Freshmen Connection tuition. In the event of cancellation or withdrawal, this deposit is not subject to refund.|
Determination of Residency Status for Admission and Tuition
Residency determinations are made according to the Board of Regents Policy on Student Residency Classification.
Marching Band and ROTC Tuition
|Per Credit Tuition Rate|
Other Campus Fees
Late Enrollment Fee:
- $20.00 fee assessed beginning on or after the first day of classes. To view the Freshmen Connection Academic Calendar, click here.
UM Library Fees:
- For a complete list of library fees, click here.
Department of Transportation Services (DOTS) Fees:
- For a complete list of DOTS fees, click here.
Property Damage Charges:
- Students will be charged for damage to property or equipment. Where responsibility for the damage can be fixed, the individual student will be billed for it; where responsibility cannot be fixed, the cost of repairing the damage will be pro-rated among the individuals involved.
Dishonored Check Service Fee:
- For complete information, click here.