All students admitted into Science in the Evening receive provisional admissions and must fulfill requirements for full admission. Students are informed about the admission decision via e-mail. To inquire about the status of your application, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Application (paper only): Click here.
* A $65 non-refundable application fee is required.
- Submit a complete set of official transcripts to:
Enrollment Services Operation
0130 Mitchell Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
- Permanent residents and students with non-U.S. transcripts have additional requirements.
- Only international students who are permanent residents may apply. International students holding any other U.S. visas may not apply.
- If you are a Veteran interested in SIE, click here.
- Former UM students: Students who previously attended the University of Maryland should follow the steps above. You do NOT need to submit a reenrollment application.
- Current UM Students do not need to apply and should just submit a Change of Major Intent form.
Please note: Application and admission is for the selected semester only. There is no deferment of admission. Upon admission for a specific semester, should you be unable to attend, you will need to submit another application with the $65 application fee.
All admitted students are provisionally admitted and have blocks preventing registration. Full admission permitting registration for the upcoming semester requires fulfillment of the following:
- Students must have a four-year undergraduate degree, with at least a 2.5 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale).
- Students must submit a complete set of original transcripts.
Please note: Only international students who are permanent residents may apply. SIE is a non-degree program. International students holding any other U.S. visa may not apply.
Permanent residents or applicants with foreign credentials have additional requirements as follows:
- International Academic Credentials
Official copy of all previous degrees/diplomas and transcripts issued in the original language with a literal English Translation. For a list of translators, click here.
- Evidence of English Proficiency
Students who have been awarded a degree from the U.S., United Kingdom, Anglophone Africa, Anglophone Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and the Commonwealth Caribbean prior to enrolling in the University of Maryland are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS. For the University of Maryland, College Park to receive your scores, use the reporting code 5814.
Permanent Residents must include copies of all Immigration documents showing your status.
Both the application and official transcript(s) must be received by the deadlines below. Permanent residents and students with non-U.S. transcripts have additional requirements which must be received by the deadlines.
- Fall Semester: June 1
- Spring Semester: November 1
Only international students who are permanent residents may apply. SIE is a non-degree program. International students holding any other U.S. visas may not apply.
Change of Major Intent
To register for SIE courses, a student must be admitted into the SIE program. If you are currently an admitted University of Maryland non-degree seeking undergraduate student with a four-year undergraduate degree (minimum 2.5 grade point average), and would like to change to the SIE program, you must submit a Change of Post-Baccalaureate Intent Form. To access this form, click here.
- You must submit a complete set of official transcripts. If you graduated from the University of Maryland College Park, you are exempt from this requirement.
- SIE application deadlines pertain. If the Change of Intent Form and official transcripts are not received by the posted semester deadline, your request will be processed for the subsequent semester.
- You will be provisionally admitted and must fulfill the provisional admissions requirements.