Residential Final Day
Residential Move Out
Residential participants MUST check-out no later than 6pm Friday, August 16th
- Residential participants are free to leave any time after their last class.
- Parking attendants will be positioned outside of the residence hall from 9 am until 6 pm on Friday August 16th to facilitate move-out.
- Room keys and access cards must be returned to the service desk.
- Failure to return room keys will result in an $85 Lock Change Charge per person.
The Department of Resident Life controls all dorm space after the program ends, and is unable to allow any summer program student to remain on campus. For any questions or concerns please contact them directly at:
Office: 1102 Annapolis Hall
The information below is presented only as a service and does not imply an endorsement or sponsorship.
Comprehensive travel directions can be found on the Conferences and Visitor Services website http://www.cvs.umd.edu/visitors/maps.html.
The Baltimore-Washington D.C. area is served by three airports. These airports are located within a 40 – 60 minute drive to the University of Maryland.
- Baltimore-Washington International (BWI)
- Reagan National Airport (DCA)
- Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Students make their own arrangements for transportation to and from the airport of choice. Airport shuttle services may be obtained from the following Web sites:
Traveling by Car
- For car travel information, click here.
Students using Amtrak should use the New Carrollton station, located approximately 6 miles from the University. The station does have taxi service.
Students using Metro should use the College Park Metro Station, located approximately 1 mile from the University. Shuttle UM buses, free to anyone, run every 10 minutes from the station to the Stamp Student Union.
Students using a commercial bus service should know that none stop in College Park; rather anywhere from 4-8 miles away. Students would need to make taxi service arrangements.
Taxi services located nearest to the University are as follows:
- Bluebird Cab, Lanham, MD, 301-864-7700
- Royale Cab of Prince George, 301-449-8020
- Silver Cab, Lanham MD, 301-270-6000