Payment Due Dates
Winter Term registration payment policy does not follow the standard fall/spring semester plan. Payment is due immediately upon registration. You are not billed. If payment does not successfully post to your student account, you will be canceled for non-payment and blocked from future registration. If the course is full, you are at risk of losing your course seat. If the course is online, you will lose all access. You are sent notification regarding this obligation, via the e-mail of record, following any add/drop activity.
Online Payment Overview
- Payment Calculation Page:After you finish selecting your courses, you’ll be sent to this page to submit payment.
- Tuition & Fees Worksheet. Print this worksheet or open the link in a separate window to assist you with the registration process.
- Enter the following on the Payment Calculation Page:
- Undergrad or Grad
- Maryland Resident or Non-resident
- Number of credits for which you have registered
- Any fees: Mandatory Service Fee, lab/studio/special fees
- Payment Options:
- Credit Card
- Check or Money Order
- Financial Aid, Fellowship, Tuition Remission, Athletic Scholarship, or 3rd Party Billing (i.e., Veteran)
Mail, FAX, or In Person:
Click here to access the Course Registration and Payment Form.
- All students receive an e-mail notification (that their add/drop activity is under review for payment. This e-mail is sent to the one affiliated with your student record. The e-mail is not a confirmation of payment posting to your account.
- If payment fails to post to your student account or if you are ineligible for an immediate payment exemption, you will be notified that your registration has been canceled for non-payment. If you wish to re-register, you will need to submit payment first before the cancellation block is lifted. If the course is full, you are at risk of losing your course seat.
To update your contact information, including your e-mail, click here.
For a complete list of all deadlines, click here.
- Failure to attend class does not result in automatic cancellation. In addition, non-payment should not be used as a means for dropping a course or cancelling registration. Students are ultimately responsible for officially dropping a course, cancelling registration, or withdrawing (with notation) by the posted deadlines to avoid academic and/or financial consequences.
Immediate Payment Exemptions
- Students eligible for financial aid, fellowship, tuition remission, Veteran, athletic scholarship, or 3rd party billing selects this at the Payment Calculation Page.
- You must follow-up with the Financial Service Center (email@example.com) to ensure that your exemption is noted.
- Tuition remission and some financial aid do not cover fees.
- The following programs do not require immediate payment. Contact the program with any questions.
The University does not automatically refund a credit balance. For information on how to request a refund, please click here.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that your student record properly reflects your Veteran status.
- All Veterans must complete the University’s VA Enrollment Certification Request form, found at http://www.registrar.umd.edu/veteran-benefits.html.
- Basic Allowance for Housing is not paid to Veterans who register for online courses. For complete information, visit http://gibill.va.gov/resources/benefits_resources/benefit_comparison_tools.html