Registration Instructions (for fully admitted students):
- Visit: MyUM.
- Log in using your directory ID/password.
- Click on Discover it Here if you do not know your directory ID.
- Click on Academics & Testudo.
- Click on Take me to Registration Drop/Add.
- Select the term for which you wish to register.
- Enter course rubric and section (all sections begin with PC).
E.g., Course = EDCP 618, Section =PCL1
- Once finished, click Enter.
- Click Sign Off. Your class schedule will then be displayed.
To determine course offering, rubric, and section number, click on: Course Information
All newly admitted students must complete the University of Maryland’s Medical History and Immunization Record form. Failure to submit the completed health form to the University Health Center before the first day of your first semester at Maryland results in a registration block on your student record, preventing you from registering for the upcoming semester. Please ensure that you complete the health form and drop it off during the Summer Term.
Click here to access the printable Health Center form and mail the completed health form directly to the Health Center (the address is provided on the form). Questions regarding the University’s immunization policy or the “immunization form” may be directed to the University Heath Center at 301-314-8182.
LEAD Fellows are expected to purchase their own assigned text books. Other instructional materials will be provided by course instructors. Textbook requirements are posted by the instructor, usually three weeks prior to the course start date. Your course may or may not require a textbook, and you will need to periodically check the link below to see if the instructor has posted a textbook.
- Visit: www.testudo.umd.edu
- Select Schedule of Classes
- Select Your Term
- Select Course Listing
- Select the course/department acronym, e.g., EDCP for Education Counseling and Personnel Services
- Find the course you are registered for with the section number of “PC01”
- Select Books
Buying On Campus
The University Book Center (UBC) is located in the Adele Stamp Student Union, on the lower level. In the UBC, there is a textbook section with the books arranged in alphabetical order according to the department/course acronym (e.g., SOCY for Sociology). Find the area that has your course acronym. Look for the complete course title (SOCY652) and course section number (PC01). The course book will be shelved below this tag.
The above locations are campus-related resources. Textbooks may be purchased from any textbook store or online vendor.
To enhance the integration of the LEAD Fellows into the life of the campus, the program director holds regularly scheduled monthly meetings. Individual course faculty hold office hours and are also accessible. Students are urged to consult with the program academic advisor, Professor Dennis M. Kivlighan, Jr.:
This portal pulls together information from the University’s Web site, giving quick access to your schedule, account information, and campus events.
- Visit: MyUM
- Log in using your directory ID/password