Graduation & Commencement Information
The Master of Professional Studies in Leadership Education and Development requires successful completion of 45 credits as outlined in the plan of study. A minimum g.p.a. of 3.0 is required to maintain good academic progress for graduation. Students are responsible for keeping track of their progress and should review their academic record to ensure accuracy.
Instructions and Deadlines for May Graduation
Graduation-related submission deadlines for LEAD do not follow standard University of Maryland policy. Forms must be submitted 4:30 p.m. for the dates below. These are strictly enforced.
- Apply for Graduation: January 15
- Via MyUM
- Select Academics & Testudo; select Apply for Graduation
- Submit Approved Program Form: February 1
- Submit Certification of Master’s Degree without Thesis Form: April 15
You must be registered for at least one graduate credit in the semester in which you plan to graduate. The diploma is mailed to the address posted on your student record. To update your information, visit MyUM.
- Program Director:
- Audits each student file for program requirements, notifying students of any issues or forwards approval to the Office of Candidate Clearance.
- Office of Candidate Clearance
- Reviews and confirms successful program completion for each applicant. When review is complete, grants final approval, forwarding approval to the Diploma Office.
- To check on the status of your diploma, click here.
- You will be contacted if there are any questions relating to program requirements, continuous registration, time limitations, or other substantive issues.
- If approved for graduation, your record is submitted to the Diploma Office and will be processed in the order it is received. If not approved, you will be contacted to resolve the issues, and your application for graduation will “roll over” to the next semester. You must ensure to register for at least one graduate credit for graduation eligibility.
- The graduation clearance process may take 3 months. Students may request a letter of program completion for employment purposes by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, UID, and provide the name, mailing address, and phone number of the employer. The letter will be sent via US Postal Services.
For May graduation, you are welcome to participate in the University of Maryland’s campus-wide commencement ceremonies. Graduates’ names will be listed under their degree or certificate in the commencement program.
For complete commencement information, please visit http://www.commencement.umd.edu/.