Schedule Planning Guidelines
Click here for a printable version of the guidelines.
Remember that Freshmen Connection advisors are available in-person, over the phone or via e-mail to help you plan your schedule! If you need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or 301.405.7762.
To plan your fall schedule:
- View the Course Recommendations for your intended major. Planning on more than one major? Look at the recommendations for both or contact a Freshmen Connection advisor for additional assistance.
- Print out the list of Courses by General Education to see at a glance which fall courses fulfill General Education requirements recommended for your major.
- View the live Schedule of Classes for course descriptions, times, and availability. Section numbers for all Freshmen Connection courses begin with FC.
- Make sure that the courses you’re choosing aren’t offered at conflicting times by utilizing a Scheduling Worksheet.
- Keep in mind the following:
- Some courses offer multiple sections or have discussions that meet at different times and/or locations. Make sure to note which section (i.e. FC01, FC02, FC03) works for your schedule as you’ll need to include this on the FC Enrollment Form.
- Full-time status for University of Maryland undergraduate students is based on registration for 12 or more credits per semester (at least four three-credit courses). You are encouraged to take a full academic load.
- Tuition for Freshmen Connection is charged at a flat rate for up to 17 credits, including UNIV 100.
- If you are enrolling in Marching Band or ROTC, be sure to submit the additional form(s) required to enroll in these courses.