For the MPS in Clinical Psychological Science, lectures are delivered online using advanced audio and video technology. Students use webcams and headsets with microphones to attend lectures in real time. Online lectures are conducted via tools that are provided through the University’s Division of Information Technology (DIT). To fully participate online, students must purchase a webcam, headset, and have a reliable computer and Internet access. To fully participate online, students must purchase a webcam, headset, and have a reliable computer and Internet access. For more information on the program’s online learning philosophy, visit http://marylandclinicalpsychologymps.tumblr.com/online.
About Online Courses at Maryland
ELMS (Enterprise Learning Management System) is the online environment that supports most online teaching and learning at the University of Maryland. ELMS provides access to static course content (e.g., syllabi, schedules, announcements, and lecture notes), and to interactive tools (e.g., discussion groups, live chats, and online assessments). Courses in the MPS in Clinical Psychological Science are delivered synchronously, meaning that students are required to login at a specific time. A synchronous course will indicate this information either within the course description or list a specific online meeting time.
Accessing Online Courses
Students unfamiliar with ELMS or need to determine how to get started, click here.
- The course instructor must first load the online course into ELMS. Usually this occurs no later than 48 hours prior to the course’s start date.
- Once the course is in ELMS, registered students have automatic access: click here
- Only students who are registered and on the official class list can access the course.
- If you registered late, please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the system to add you into ELMS.
- If you were canceled for non-payment, you will lose access immediately.
MyUM – Portal
MyUM is a portal which pulls together information to give you access to your schedule, billing information, course syllabi, and more.
- Visit: www.my.umd.edu
- Log in using your directory ID/password
In addition to utilizing the University of Maryland Libraries on-campus, the Libraries extends a number of online resources and services through its Web site: www.lib.umd.edu/UMCP.