Graduation and Certificate Information
The Master of Chemical Life Sciences program requires, at a minimum, successful completion of 30 credits as outlined in the plan of study. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required to maintain good academic progress for graduation. Students are responsible for keeping track of their progress and should review their academic record to ensure accuracy.
Submission deadlines for the University’s graduation dates are strictly enforced. The diploma/certificate is mailed to the address posted on your student record. To update your information, visit MyUM.
|Application for Graduation||Jan. 15||May 15||Aug. 15|
|Approved Program||Feb. 1||June 15||Sept. 1|
|Certification of Master's Degree without Thesis||Apr. 1||June 15||Nov. 1|
Diplomas are mailed to the address posted on your student record. To update your information, visit MyUM.
Students must follow ALL steps for graduation and receipt of diploma:
- Application for Graduation: Via MyUM:
- Select Academics & Testudo; select Apply for Graduation
- Approved Program form: Click here.
- Certification of Master's Degree without Thesis: Click here.
You must register for at least one credit in the semester in which you plan to graduate.
- Program Director/Academic Advisor:
- Audits each student file for program requirements, notifying students of any issues or forwards approval to the Office of Candidate Clearance.
- Office of Candidate Clearance
- Reviews, confirms, and grants final approval.
- To check on the status of your diploma, click here.
- You will be contacted if there are any questions relating to program requirements, continuous registration questions, time limitations, or other substantive issues.
- Once cleared for graduation, your record is submitted to the Diploma Office for processing. If not approved, you will be contacted to resolve the issues, and your application for graduation will “roll over” to the next semester. You must ensure to register for at least one graduate credit for graduation eligibility.
- The graduation clearance process may take up to 3 months. Students may request a letter of program completion for employment purposes by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, UID, and provide the name, mailing address, and phone number of the employer. The letter will be sent via US Postal Services.
You are welcome to participate in the University of Maryland’s campus-wide commencement ceremonies (May and December only). Graduates’ names will be listed under their degree or certificate in the commencement program.
For complete commencement information, please visit http://www.commencement.umd.edu