Changing Your Major
Course Information | Academic Advising | General Education | Math Placement Exam | AP/IB/Clep & Transfer Credits | Maryland Marching Band and Ensemble Repertoire Orchestra | ROTC | Changing Your Major | Textbooks
To view your official major visit MyUM
- Log in using your Directory ID and password
- Select Academic&Testudo
- In the Grades box at the top of the page select Unofficial Transcript
You will be able to change your major once the fall semester begins.
- Stop by the Freshmen Connection Advising Office (0132 Main Administration Building) and complete a change of major form no later than November 14, 4:30 p.m.
- If you attempt to submit a Change of Major Form for a Limited Enrollment Program (LEP), it will not be processed (see below).
Limited Enrollment Program (LEP)
If you are interested in a competitive major, also known as a Limited Enrollment Program (LEP), you may not apply to change your major until a certain number of gateway courses have been completed. Your major is most likely listed as Undecided Letters and Sciences. For further information on LEPs, visit www.lep.umd.edu.
Limited Enrollment Programs that cannot be declared during the Fall 2013 semester:
- Landscape Architecture (with rare exception; please see your Freshmen Connection advisor if you are interested in a Landscape Architecture major)
- Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Science & Policy, Biodiversity & Conservation